Did you ever get cracks in your fondant after you have draped it over the cake. You can thank gravity for that. The weight of the fondant continues to pull and stretch, causing cracks and stretch marks. One of the easiest ways to fix this is with a fondant crimper. It will add style as well as help your fondant from dragging.
Using Fondant Crimpers
1) Choose the desired style crimper and adjust the silicone ring so that it is the correct width.
Fat Daddio’s Fondant Crimper Sets include 10 unique designs, in both smooth and serrated sets. Manufactured from an extremely durable polycarbonate, these crimpers are dishwasher safe!
2) With the crimper arms open, gently slide it halfway through the fondant. Don’t go all the way, or you will tear your fondant.
3) Press the arms together gently.
4) Repeat pattern.
- Fondant or sugar paste should be about 1/3″ thick.
- Always work with fondant that is still soft. Dry fondant will not give you the desired result.
- If crimper sticks to fondant, dip tool into icing sugar.